Today is Independence Day in Ukraine. 23 years ago today Ukraine declared its independence from the Soviet Union. There are many celebrations planned around the nation and especially in Kyiv. There are also many terrorists attempting to disrupt things. Already the security services have disrupted a couple of groups that were planning terrorist acts in Kyiv and the surrounding area.
Please pray for Ukraine today.
- Pray that the celebrations are not disrupted by terror attacks.
- Pray that Russia would stop supporting these terrorists and those fighting in eastern Ukraine.
- Pray that the global community would stand up to Putin’s bullying.
- Pray that the church in Ukraine would proclaim peace and reconciliation by the blood of Christ.
- Pray that the church in Ukraine would live out peace and reconciliation while also promoting truth and justice.
- Pray that we would be wise in our interactions and activities so that we would be agents of health and healing to the churches.
- Pray for the refugees (UN says more than 350,000), especially children, who are living in fear and uncertainty.
- Pray for those who have not been able to leave the conflict zones around the cities of Luhansk (p. 450,000) and Donetsk (p. 1,000,000), especially the elderly and the sick.
- Pray for the families of Ukraine’s heroes who are mourning their loved ones, who gave their lives fighting once again for Ukraine’s independence, and for Ukraine’s transformation from a criminal state to a free, democratic state.