Please be in prayer for the reconciliation workshop and training taking place in Ukraine Oct 11-21. God has used this workshop, “Healing the Wounds of Ethnic Conflict,” to powerfully bring healing and reconciliation to people living in Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, and just recently countries of the former Soviet Union. We envision God continuing His work of healing and reconciliation here in Ukraine. It is our prayer that through this process God would enable Ukraine to rise above the oppression and suffering of centuries to thrive as a nation.
Taken from the website for this workshop: “The varied and creative workshop Healing the Wounds of Ethnic Conflict (HWEC) includes interactive teaching on God’s character; Jesus as our pain bearer; the power of forgiveness and repentance, the role of the church, and a healed identity. There are also practical and group activities. After experiencing the workshop, participants will be trained to conduct their own workshop.”
* Pray for openness of the participants to bring their wounds to the cross and receive God’s healing
* Pray for the participants to take this workshop and the training their receive back to their communities
* Pray for wisdom and insight for the leaders of the workshop and training: George, Joseph from Rwanda, and Rhiannon Lloyd from Wales
* Pray for the translators that they would accurately and seamlessly convey the words and message of the presentors
* Pray against any schemes of Satan to interfere
* Pray that the Church in Ukraine would become agents of healing and reconciliation across the country, into Russia and to other countries of the former Soviet Union